Thursday, January 20, 2011

What I'm Currently Eating for Lunch

Just a quick note on lunch:

For the most part, Jon and I cook enough supper for leftovers for our lunches.  We sometimes take sandwiches, but I truly think that my schooldays have ruined me from enjoying a good pre-made sandwich.  Don't get me wrong:  sandwiches are delicious - when they're first made and when you have the opportunity to toast it.

Other than the above option and salads, it's really good to have something in your drawer at work for days when you just didn't get your s*@! together to be creative.  I know it's not the healthiest route, but sometimes - whether you like it or not - convenience enters the picture.

Introducing:  Nile Spice soup mixes.  I've only had: Red Beans and Rice, Lentil Soup and am currently eating Couscous Lentil Curry, so I can not speak for all kinds being free of dairy soy and sugar.

As always with cups of anything, you're contending with high sodium.  But with a little boiled water, you have a quick, allergy-free delicious lunch!  It kind of reminds me of the delicious ease of grabbing a cup of ramen or potato meal in Korea.

Back to enjoying some Coucous Curry at my desk.... Pin It

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh potatoe meal , how could I forget xoxo . Thank you sue for introducing me !

    ReplyDelete