Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stir-Fried But Soy-Free

Quick update this evening.  Threw together a delicious stir fry tonight.

Slice up some pork, mushrooms, onion, and broccoli.

Stir fry the pork with 3 cloves of minced garlic and the onions.  Pour about a tablespoon and a half of fish sauce (or oyster sauce) onto the mixture.  I also sprinkled a tablespoon of a Asian Stir Fry mix that I have from an Epicure spice party.

Once this was cooked, I threw in the mushrooms and brocolli.   I added a little extra fish sauce, along with a bit of vegetable broth (1/4 cup) to let it all simmer in some flavor.

*While this was all happening, my jasmine rice was cooking away in the rice cooker (any rice would be great with this)*

Once the rice was almost ready, I cracked an egg into the pan and fried it up with the stir fry mixture.  Then, I added the rice and cooked for another couple of minutes.  An accomplishment is learning that you can still have tasty Asian food without having to fill it with soy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment