Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Peanut Sauce Rice Noodles


I posted this little gem in April 2011 with the title "It's so good, we made it twice!" We have a tendency to always try new recipes in our house and forget to venture back to our Go-to's.

In a state of "we didn't take anything out for dinner and I don't feel like slaving away in the kitchen today, whatever will we make?", I remembered this recipe. Part of the reason it came to mind is because I've been chatting with my friend Becca who has been sincerely missing her daily PB intake while she travels around Asia - which made ME think I needed to eat some PB!

Instead of simply linking out (although it's linked above), I thought I'd re-write the recipe out so it's at the top of things on here. I also changed a few things based on what I had in my kitchen. If you like peanut butter and you like Thai food, get on this!

How to make this recipe in the easiest way possible?

1. Cook your vermicelli rice noodles (the fat kind) - takes about 6 min in boiling water.

2. Meanwhile, chop up some broccoli, kale and shrimp (buy pre-cooked and you're gold!). Throw it all in a pan and saute! Throw shrimp in last if it's cooked.

3. While the above two things are cooking, throw the following ingredients in a little sauce pan on low - no need to cook it, but the temperature makes it easier to mix together:

- 1/3 cup of broth
- 1/3 cup of 100% PB
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger (you can buy it minced!)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce (using soy would be fine, too)

4. Once everything is done, mix it all together in the pan and throw in lots of cilantro if you have any! You're done.

What we added to our dishes:
- More cilantro
- Ground peanuts
- More lime juice
- Sriricha

The reaction? Oh yeah - people would DEFINITELY spend $15 for this dish at any Thai restaurant in town.  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment