Monday, November 21, 2011

Homemade Pizza Warms Us Up

No Yeast Pizza Dough
We are new homeowners and fearful of how much heat is required to keep our house warm. So when the opportunity arises for me to bake a little somethin' in our oven, I'm all over it.

I figured that I was successful with muffins, maybe I'd be successful with another baked good: pizza crust.

I went for the most simple recipe I could find: yeast free.  Here we go...

Pizza Sensation # 1:
No Yeast Pizza Crust
2 1/2 cups of flour
2 3/4 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
3/4 cup of water (I ended up using significantly more than this...enough to form a ball with the dough)


1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Add water and oil. Stir until the dough forms a ball.  *Add more water if necessary.
3. Bake for 15 - 25 minutes at 400.

My Topping Selection
Tomato Sauce - I used No Name Pasta Sauce and added lots of oregano, marjoram and thyme
Procuitto
Spinach
Broccoli
Parsley
Daiya Cheddar

Add all ingredients to crust and bake on 500 for 5 - 7 minutes.

Pizza Sensation #2: 
Pita Pizza


The norm in our house now: the half n' half pizza
After our family house warming on Saturday, we had some ginormous pitas to use! Although I used kind of the same flavourings as above, it was just as tasty! We intended to have leftovers, but in both cases: We ate our supper and lunch all at once.

Simple, simple, simple.

Slather the pita with your sauce of choice. I used the same as above.
Deli turkey meat
Big mushrooms
Bacon, cut up small
Broccoli
Red Onion
Daiya Cheddar



For J: Real cheddar, parmesan and goat cheese.  I've finally reached a point where I'm not drooling over his side of the pizza - I'm perfectly content and pleased with mine!


Bake the pizza until the pita is golden and the cheese is melted. That was about 10 minutes on 400 for me.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment