Monday, November 29, 2010

Yu Choy?

....It's like Bok Choy meets Spinach!  Sure...why not.  Let's do something with it!

Sunday Night Meal:  Trout with a side of pasta tossed with yu choy

Trout - Pan Fried
Toss in flour mixture (flour, cajun, oregano, salt, pepper...any mixture of spices).  J took care of this one.

Yu Choy
In our wok, I heated 2 tbsp of oil and added 3 WHOLE garlic cloves.  The recipe I found said to cook the garlic until it browns (not burns) but, for me, it browned almost immediately.  After a bit of panic, the oil seemed to settle the garlic continued to brown - not burn.  I added about 1/2 lb (to be honest, I am not sure how much that is but I added about 4 small bunches of this stuff, washed and the very end of the bottoms cut off) of yu choy.  Stir quickly to coat in "garlic oil".

Then, I added 1/4 cup of broth and a 1/4 cup of water and let the leave simmer for around 3 - 5 minutes.

Pasta
Toss the pasta with a bit of margarine and throw the yu choy mixture in for a light side dish.

An interesting success...

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment