Sunday, October 24, 2010

Recipe: Dairy Free Chicken Tetrazzini

I sometimes forget that it is still possible to create some of my old-time favorite creamy pasta meals without dairy...I found this particular recipe here.

Ingredients:
 
I have made a few changes based on what I did:
1 (8 oz) package of pasta
1/4 c. Becel Vegan
1/4 c. all-purpose flour

1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 c. chicken broth
1 c. rice milk
2 T. cooking sherry
1 cup of sliced mushrooms*

1/2 cup of grape tomatoes chopped in two*
2 c. chopped cooked chicken
*I didn't include mushrooms and tomatoes on parts of the pasta so that my niece would enjoy it too - and BOY did she enjoy this pasta.  Her eyes lit up immediately!

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking dish.
2) Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
3) In a large saucepan, melt the margarine over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add milk and broth while whisking mixture. Return to heat and bring to bubble. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until thickened. Add sherry and stir.
4) In baking dish, combine cooked spaghetti, chicken, mushrooms and sauce.  I added the tomatoes towards the end.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment