Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm so excited about this one.  I got this from a Gluten, Dairy, and Sugar-free blog.  The link to the recipe is here

Honestly, this was so easy.  We enjoyed it warm out of the oven and I felt like I was enjoying a good 'ol reguar apple crisp.  Mind you, the "crumble" on top of the apples were more like blobs of margarine and ground walnuts together (as I used the margarine I usually use, which is soft...I couldn't sprinkle the mixture). 

Here's what to do (taken from site above, with a few of my changes):

4 medium tart apples
~1/2 tsp cinnamon
~dash of fresh-grated nutmeg
1 cup walnuts
1 - 2 Tbsp of margarine
pinch of salt

Core and slice the apples. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  I layered the apples in the baking dish and sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg.  I layered some more apples and repeated until the pan was filled with the slices and had a sufficient about of spice.

In our coffee grinder, I ground up the walnuts.  In a bowl, I mixed them in with the margarine and "rubbed" them on top of the apple mixture as best as I could.


For fun, I also sprinkled some maple sugar on top.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Enjoy it while it's warm, although it was just as good reheated the next day...and the day after that! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment