Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Recipe: Taco Chicken w/ Artichoke & White Bean Puree

After finding these brown rice tortillas in the natural food section of our Super Store, I decided I wanted to make some kind of taco.  After reading a lot about the intensely-high sodium in taco packages, I decided to make my own.  I saw this artichoke dip recipe somewhere on the internet and thought I'd use it as a spreadable in this case.  Filling, and only need one each (I actually had half of one for supper, half for lunch) but a great switch up from our regular type of eating!

Food For Life
Taco Seasoning: (I mixed all of this together to keep, but only used 2 tbsp of it with 2/3 cups of water to cook two diced chicken breasts)

6 tbsp of chili powder
3 tbsp of onion powder
2 tbsp of cumin
1 tbsp of garlic powder
4 tbsp of paprika
1 tsp of cayenne

Artichoke and White Bean Puree:  (I made all of this but only used enough to spread - cold - over each warmed tortilla and saved the rest to warm up later for a dip)

In a food processor (one of the best $5 yard sale finds!)....

2 minced garlic cloves (raw garlic, so use less if need be)
1 tsp of rosemary
1 can of drained and rinsed white beans
1 can of drained artichoke hearts
2 tsp of olive oil
lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste


Garnish with fresh basil (if you want) and Voila! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment