Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dinner for Just Me Tonight: Chickpea Pasta

Well - if I have to make and eat dinner alone tonight, I might as well eat something the fiance wouldn't really like any way! I am a meat eater, but I must confess that I often don't cook with meat when J's not around - maybe because he's not here to cut it up for me? :)  Anyway, theme of the night?  Chickpeas!

Before getting into the recipe, I have a few things to make note of: 1) My PageView numbers are on the up and up! 2) Slowly, people are commenting (I love comments, feedback and suggestions!) 3) I have added a subscription button on here! It's not that I'm expecting you to subscribe to gets posts via email...I'm just thrilled that I'm actually becoming a somewhat savvy blogger with a widget or two on my page! 4) You can now print my recipes! I have added a print-friendly link on my last two postings and will slowly work on some others, but from now on, print away with ease!

Back to it: I saw a recipe in Clean Eating Magazine awhile back about a pasta recipe with a chickpea "cream" sauce.  As I lent that magazine out, I went to Google what that recipe may have been and stumbled upon a really great blog: Jenna Laughs.  Using this recipe exactly, I had a lovely supper and at least two more lunches!  This was so easy, so quick and delicious if you appreciate a good chickpea or two.

What I used:
- 1 tbsp of oil
-15oz chickpeas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 cups of shelled pasta
- 14oz of vegetable broth (*Don't forget to check ingredients! I went to a different grocery store tonight and could only find one brand that I could have!)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- season with lemon juice, salt and pepper

What I did:
1. Boil water, cook pasta.
2. At the same time, drain and rinse the chickpeas (rinse: chickpea juice is nasty!).
3. Heat oil and garlic in a pot, add chickpeas and vegetable broth.  Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Once chickpea mixture is finished, add to a blender and mix until smooth.
5. Pour the sauce over the pasta, mix together and toss with tomatoes, parsley, pepper, salt, and lemon juice (as desired).

The entire time that I have been sitting here writing this entry out, I have been dealing with a certain someone's snuggliness.  I think Miss Gili is missing her J routine - I have to type over and her and strategically keep her for typing her own story....But how can I push her off when she's purring so loudly?

So there it is, the end of my day full of: Vitamin D (finally!) dosage on my walk to and from work, a productive day at work, groceries, and dinner with a nice glass of Perrier - all to my very own Adele and Laura Marling soundtrack. 
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Stephanie PoteriMarch 15, 2011

    Sounds and looks delicious Noodle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...I must try this next week. Sounds yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thank you, Allie! This was a good one, so glad you got to try it out. And congrats on the page views! It's so exciting when you see people coming to your blog. Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for having the magazines ! I'm all done though I can drop them back off whenever! and yes looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments!

    addriftnomore: So long as Mr Dillon likes chickpeas, this will be a perfect throw together recipe for you!

    jenna laughs: Thanks for dropping by. I've been enjoying going through your recipes. I'm trying another one tonight. :) PS - Still on Cloud NINE?

    Kerra: I don't mind sharing magazines - that's what it's all about. Sharing is probably one of my favorite things about this new-found passion of cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steffie: Noodle. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I hope this happiness lasts for a long time :) What recipe are you trying?

    ReplyDelete
  8. jenna laughs: I forget what your recipe was called but it's the one with kielbasa and bean soup! I'm making it for a friend. :) Oh - and I'm STILL in love with being engaged. Getting married in 4 months (eek!) - and loving every minute of being this in love (although currently dealing with a few overwhelming feelings with planning a budget wedding)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ate greesy nondescript beige food - whatever was the first on the menu, I don't even remember. I think it was chicken flavoured. Despite the unnecessary nature of the chick pea (it simply needn't exist), I do have to say that this dish looks damn good yobo ;)

    -namja chingu

    ReplyDelete