Friday, May 18, 2012

A Stir Fry Without Rice or Noodles! (Cilantro Pork)

As you can see from the title, I threw together an extremely easy and tasty stir fry - minus the rice and noodles that we always use. I found this recipe on Paleo Diet Lifestyle , along with some other stir fry options. I have to create a bit of a mental shift to create meals like this. For so long, I have been taking one piece of pork and would divide that amongst the two of us for our dinner - and even sometimes for our lunches. With the pasta or rice, I could get away with doing that.

Now that I'm experimenting a little with our diets, I had to use both pieces of our pork and we didn't have leftovers. That being said: I felt fantastic. This meal felt good as I was eating it. I'm not sure if it is just that food tastes and feels better when you're creating that mental connection?

Moral of the story is this is a good mental shift (if I decide that eating lots of meat is the right direction for me to go in), but will require a shift also in how I also approach my grocery shopping. As much as I talk about - and try to do - meal plans, I usually don't (I confess!). In order to buy enough and to not waste, I'm really going to try it for the next week or two to see how it works. Life's a constant transition of some kind, isn't it? :)

This meal is perfect for those weeks when you buy cilantro for something else and don't want it to go bad on you (happens all the time for us). I will say that I was moving slowly when prepping - even though it's only essentially slicing a bunch of stuff - so it took a bit longer to make than it normally would or should. I do think this is a perfect weekday meal: barely any cooking time needed!

Make it: Delicioso!

Cilantro Pork Stir Fry
My changes to the recipe:

- 1 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms (add to the pan about a minute after adding the peppers)
- 2 scrambled eggs (add at the end, right before throwing the cooked pork back into the pan. I pushed the veggies to the side, scrambled the eggs and then mixed it all together, re-adding the pork).

This is just a quick post as I know when I get back "on the grid" on Monday night, I'll be too tired to post and will only want to share photos of Prince Edward Island when I do feel like posting. We're off on our annual road trip...Lobster and mussels here we come!

Have a great weekend! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking for a recipe that I can cook for my breakfast tomorrow and I think this recipe is suited for me because I love eating beef especially on morning. I will cook this tomorrow.

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete