Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Whole Lotta Baked Chicken

I'm all about optimizing the leftover situation for lunches - and if possible, for suppers.  J came home with a big package of like 10 chicken thighs.  Instead of portioning them out and freezing them, in the 10 x 13 pan they went!

Although I hate cooking bone-in chicken, it does go a lot further for the cost.  All you need is the chicken, spices, margarine, white wine, mushrooms and flour.

What I did:
1.  After preheating the oven to 400 F, I melted a couple of tbsp of margarine (Becel vegan!) in my roasting pan (or my "10x13" pan).
2.  Once melted, I mixed around some cayenne, salt, pepper and thyme with the butter.  (1/2 to 1 tsp of each, depending on what you like).
3.  Dip each piece of chicken in flour (on a plate) and then in the pan.  Cover both sides of the chicken in the margarine and spices.
4.  Bake for 30 minutes.
5.  After the 30 minutes, turn each piece of chicken and throw in a bunch of sliced mushrooms.  Cover pan with 3/4 cup of white wine.
6.  Cover with tin foil (I forgot this step and it was fine) and bake on 350 for the remaining 30 minutes.

Done~! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment