Thursday, November 11, 2010

Recipe: Scalloped Potatoes

This is a proud day for me:  I made my very first scalloped potatoes and they were dairy free deliciousness!
 This is the kind of thing I'd take to a family gathering...going on the Go-To-List (so long as I have an hour and a half to have something baking in the oven). :)


Ingredients

Before
- Slice potatoes (J's job) as thin as you can.  We kept the skins on.  Use as many as you can fit in an 8' x 8' dish
- 3/4 cup of chopped onion
- I threw mushrooms in because this is all we were eating for dinner (one portobello mushroom and about 5 button mushrooms), sliced


Sauce
- 1 3/4 cup of chicken broth (again, I use boiled water and Epicurious chicken bouillon)
- 1/4 cup of mayo (Helmans)
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3 tbsp of margarine (Becel vegan)
- 3/4 tsp of salt
 - 1/8 tsp of pepper

How-To
 Heat sauce mixture together, whisk constantly until it thickens/bubbles.  Pour mixture over vegetables in 8' x 8' pan.  Sprinkle with paprika.  Bake for an hour and 20 minutes at 350.

Yum Yum - After
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment