Friday, September 10, 2010

Recipe: Green Curry Shrimp Pasta

Similar to the Red curry shrimp dish we lived, I decided to tackle my own recipe to play around with more green curry paste...Now, "tacking random ingredients" is more of J's thing - whereas I follow recipes, so this is a big step for me... :)


Ingredients (approximate measures as this is my own recipe!)
~1 tbsp of green curry paste
~1 cup of coconut milk
~ 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
shrimp (as you wish)
diced tomato (fresh)
diced onion (1/2)
sliced mushrooms
spinach
~1 tbsp of lime juice
1 big garlic clove
a bit of grated ginger
dash of salt
dash of pepper
chopped fresh cilantro and basil

What I did
1.  Cook shrimp in a little olive oil, minced garlic and ginger.
2.  Add vegetable broth, curry paste, and coconut milk.
3.  Add mushrooms, onions, lime juice, salt and pepper.  Let simmer for awhile.
4.  Add fresh herbs, spinach, and tomato.  Let simmer until spinach is wilted.

We served this over linguine, although it would obviously be appropriate to have with rice noodles! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment