Monday, September 27, 2010

Pot-Lucky

September is a very busy month for birthdays and celebrations.  On Friday, we had a potluck for my friend's birthday.  One thing that I have learned in the past from potlucks with this particular group of friends is that boy can we bring together a good assortment of food - and boy can we eat.  Well, even with this change to the menu - all parties agreeing to bring food that wouldn't send me straight to bed or guilty-city - we still managed to bring together a quite sophisticated meal!

I hope the girls will comment and post their recipes here to share...hint hint hint.

To Start:  Chilli/lime turkey lettuce wraps (forgot to take a picture....)
Snacks:  Hummus and nachos
Salad:  See recipe below
Side:  Quinoa (previous post)
Main:  Indian Potato curry (just potatos, spices, and water!)
Dessert:  Everyone else enjoyed what I'm sure were very perfect cupcakes, but I also made a batch of banana fritters topped wth cinnamon and pure maple syrup.

Becca's Pear Salad
Mixed Greens or Spinich
Red Onion
Slivered Almonds
Pear

Dressing:
1/4c mayo
1/2c evoo
1/4c lemon juice
1tbsp lemon pepper
1 clove garlic
1tsp sugar (use maple sugar to make sugar-free)
salt and peper to taste!  

Sigh, I wish every week ended with a pot luck-y Friday. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment