Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Peanut Cocoa 'Fudge Babies'




Ever since I discovered Chocolate Covered Katie, I have been ogling these fudge babies. After a disastrous battle with my food processor and the liquid ingredients to the chocolate cupcakes I have been aching to try, I had success with these no-bake babies and redeemed some confidence.

The original cupcake recipe, from Spoonful of Sugar Free looks so delightful, but I was too discouraged to figure out how to fix the liquidy mess I was in. Both Alex and Katie in the above blogs have been completely inspiring for me and what little sweet tooth that still lingers, but I'll have to stick with the no-bake options until I get some better kitchen tools (a mixer instead of a processor?!ha), more baking intuition and general baking confidence.

The one fun thing I got from my cupcake fail? The frosting! Oh how happy I am to have found this. You will likely hear me quoting both Alex and Katie basically every time I go to make a dessert now. They make it look so easy...and they have options! Banana frosting, peanut frosting, chocolate frosting...and the list goes on. I used the Peanut Butter Frosting from Alex's cupcake recipe for the toppings of Katie's Fudge Babies! I'd say a good eight people tried these (and it was a small batch!) and then I had to hide them....
Peanut Cocoa Fudge Babies
What I did 

In my Magic Bullet, pulse together:
1/2 cup of peanuts
1 cup of dates
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1 tbsp of Fry's cocoa

Once everything is mixed together, roll into balls (or as Katie suggested, bars). This made 15 balls.

Peanut Butter Frosting
What I did 

Again in my Magic Bullet, mix together:
1/2 cup of 100% natural and smooth peanut butter (I buy all different brands!)
1/4 cup of Rice Dream Original

Place creamy mixture in a zip lock bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Squeeze and decorate!

So....am I the only one that is clueless when it comes to baking? :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment