Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year y'all. 

I haven't blogged anything since before Christmas. I have lots to write, so I'll have to just dive in to start catching up!

Like I said: Happy 2012. Can you believe it? 2011 was such a life-changing year for me, (although I am pretty sure I say that every year) it's hard to believe it's already over - while at the same time, it's hard to believe it lasted so long!

I am still going through what I would like to work on and focus on for the new year. I don't like to put the pressure of having "resolutions" written down by January 1st, as I am never really ready to  mentally begin the new year until about a week later (busy holidays...). I'm slowly working through some mini-goals and some additions I would like to add to my routine, but I'll update on that later.

Before looking forward, I like to look back. There is so much to reflect on and be thankful for during the past year. 1. I got married. With that, I had the most amazing week I can remember ever having filled with reunions, all of our closest family and friends and favorite activities. 2. J and I went back to Asia. We hadn't been in just over 3 years. It was such a perfect experience to spend our 3-week honeymoon back in the continent where we met. 3. Weddings, weddings and more weddings. I shared my wedding year with so many of our closest friends which means we literally had a year of love, ending with the most recent on New Year's Eve! Appropriate, right? 4. My sister had a baby and we now have our very first nephew. 5. J and I bought our first home. With that comes more responsibility and loans....but a real Christmas tree, a big kitchen, a window seat and space! 6. Jobs. Both J and I have gone through some ups and down with our careers and are on the up and up as of September. 8. Lastly but not least, health. 2010 brought the "devastating" news of me no longer being able to eat dairy, soy or sugar. 2011 brought an entire year of adjustment, less colds, better spirits, more energy and just an overall crazy improvement. 

Gratitude.

How were your holidays? Any great stories? Recipes? Resolutions?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment