Thursday, December 8, 2011

Home Cooked Pork Chops


Well, I've been back to making some really great meals. I've taken the pressure off of having to make a really great meal EVERY night, but we're having them often enough. Leftovers have been the best thing for us, because I get the fun of making a new and healthy meal - and get to benefit from it over a few days span AND don't have to spend time cooking each time!

Tonight's meal was easy-peasy. We were both craving a bit of a "home cooked meal" type of thing: Rice, Veg, Meat. That sort of thing. I typically go in the direction of the one-dish meal. The meal that can be easily made without gluten or without meat. In this particular case, however, this would be one boring meal for my vegetarian and vegan peeps out there. My apologies!

Home Cooked Pork Chops with apples and maple syrup


See that title?  That's basically the entire recipe. I simply put the oven on 350. Drizzled the boneless pork chops with olive oil and added some salt n' pepper.

After about 30 minutes (although I would do less next time), I sliced an apple and placed the slices on each piece of pork - as shown above. I, then, drizzled it all in some 100% pure maple syrup. It all went back in the oven for another 10 minutes.

Our oven is still fairly new to us - and by new, I mean, it is not new at all but new to US. It seems to run quite hot so the chops were a bit move overcooked than I would have liked. Follow the recipe if you'd like, but check on those chops based on your oven temperature!

That is all....see? Easy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment