Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thank You Condiments

Coming from a person who really dislikes the pre-made sandwich - and "boring" sandwiches in general - I am so thankful that I am able to have these three condiments:

- Renee's 1/2 Caesar
- Renee's Cucumber and Dill
- Hellmans Mayonnaise 

Being able to keep these three items in my fridge allows me to still make decent salads, sandwiches, dips, and so on. And because it's "creamy", it almost feels like I'm cheating a little!  Now, a person could easily get bored of these things quickly, so I ensure that not all of my salads are caesar - and I ensure that I sometimes add a bit of curry powder to my mayo to switch it up - and so on.

So here's one that works great as a lunch or dinner salad, and leaves behind great ingredients for a work day wrap!


J's Chicken Caesar Creation

Chicken:  cut in thin strips, marinade with basil, lemon and Cajun-type flavors.
Greens:  Anything - we used romaine lettuce and spinach

My Loaded Sunday Salad
Topping Options: Tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, bacon - anything really.  J had even cooked up some onions, mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes together for some "flare".  Oh - and I found a "lightly seasoned" kind of croutons at Sobeys that are free of the evil ingredients.  Will have to check to see the brand and add it to the Brands I Love Page!

I sometimes forget how easy it is to throw together a really great salad, and then use the leftovers as a wrap the next day.  EASY....EASY, I say. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment