Monday, November 29, 2010

In a Jiffy - Jamaican Vegetable Curry

I know, I know.  It's another curry.

This one is different though!  This is another perfect "I don't have much in my cupboards" recipe found here.

Put some rice in the rice cooker and follow these steps (but really, add a little, take away a little...this recipe is just easy to do what you want with):

My Ingredients
The remainder of these things that I had in my fridge and freezer:  peas, green pepper, orange pepper, carrot, onion - all sliced.

1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of cornstarch
1/2 cup of water (I kept adding more to let everything simmer longer)
4 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of cayenne
4 tbsp of curry powder

Directions (directly from the recipe)
1.  Add olive oil into a skillet and heat.
2.  Add curry and mix with hot oil.
3.  Add onion slices and saute
4.  Add vegetables to skillet.
5.  Mix cornstarch and water together until a paste is formed.  Add to pan.
6. Cook 10 minutes and serve. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment