Friday, October 15, 2010

Power Crunch Your Way Through Lunch

A quick note about a recipe I received from my naturopath for good lunches...

Power Crunch Salad

This can be altered for whichever nuts, seeds, dried fruit, dressing, crunchy vegetables, etc that you would like to use but this is what I used for the week:

Cut...
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Zucchini
Orange Pepper
Carrots
Dried Cranberries
Pumpkin seeds
Sesame Seeds

Dressing:  Reness 1/2 Caesar

I made a big batch of this at the beginning of the week and have been having this with a rice cake and peanut butter for lunch.  Great filler for the middle of the day, but it gets a bit annoying to eat the same thing every day since Friday!  Note to self:  smaller batches.  Three days in a row could be the limit. :) Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I bet if you throw this in a wrap, it would be a great sandwich too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm..it would! I finally found wraps which are good - bought them, brought them home...we ate half the package and found out the rest were FULL of mold! lol

    PS - I think I need to make fish tacos for you..

    ReplyDelete